State Public Commission of Haryana
We are going to start HPSC Syllabus and its exam pattern. Without having any idea about the HPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern we cannot prepare well. So contenders who will appear for the Haryana Public Service Commission Exam they must begin their exam preparation by using the Haryana PSC Syllabus provided below as in the question format. With the help of this format, you can easily understand all dimensions of the exam, pattern, and syllabus. So for better understanding, you can go through the whole article for the syllabus and exam pattern analysis. We will try to include previous year question papers also within the article.
What is it?
Formation of State Public Commission is given in the Articles 315 to 323 in Part XIV of the Indian Constitution. The same set of the article deals with composition appointment and removal of the member of the commission and it also deals with the function power and its independence & Haryana public service commission.
Who conducts the exam?
This exam is conducted by the Haryana Public Service Commission for the following posts.
- Assistant Review officer, (A.P.S )
- Haryana Police Services,
- Tehsildar, Excise & Taxation Officer,
- Block Development Officer,
- Superintendent, Principal, Deputy District Attorney,
- Work Manager Store, Purchase Officer, Drug Control Officer,
- District Information & Public Relations Officer
- Civil Supplies Controller
- District Welfare-cum-Probation Officers
- Assistant, Registrar Co-operative Societies and many more
Now, the next step is to know about the qualification and the age criteria of the exam.
How to prepare?
Haryana Public Service Commission exam is divided into three stages. Stage 1 is all about the screening or Preliminary Examination; it is Objective Type or Multiple Choice in nature. Prelims will comprise of two papers of objective type and each paper has maximum marks of 200. And the second stage of the exam is the mains exam & it comprises 5 papers. And total marks of mains 600 (means English + Hindi + general) contribute 100 -100 marks each and 2 optional contribute 300 marks, (150 marks each).
In this way, the total mark is 600.
The interview contains 75 marks.
Note- in the prelims exam there are 19 optional subjects, and in the mains exams there are 23 optional subjects?
List of optional subject for pre and mains both –
What is the syllabus of the exam?
- Let’s start with prelims
Haryana Public Service Commission general study paper first for contents various topics like
And the second paper is the optional subject that is in terms of the objective question.
The second stage of the exam is mains, That contains 4 papers –
- Now we start one by one, first in English and English essay, the aim of this paper is to test the candidate’s ability
- That he is not able to read, write and understand the language and know the pros and cons of the subject. The pattern of question would be broadly come from the topic of précis writing, comprehension essay, vocabulary and some questions come from channel grammar composition also.
- If we talk about the essay part of the English language, the candidate will be required to write an essay on a specific topic chosen by him.
- And candidates are expected to keep close to the subject of the essay to arrange the idea in an ordinary fashion and write. And the credit will be given for effective writing and experiences.
The second paper in Hindi and Hindi essay means Hindi in Devnagri script so here the first phase is related to the translation of an English passage into Hindi and next letter and presenting an explanation of Hindi passage idiom of Hindi subject and an essay on a specific topic.
Paper – 3
- The 3rd paper of HPSC mains is General study, the nature and standard of the question in this paper will be such that a well-educated person will be able to answer them without any specialized study.
- The question tests the candidate’s general awareness in a variety of subject which is relevant for a career in civil services.
- This paper is divided into two parts, the first part deals with the history of modern India and Indian culture, the geography of India, Indian polity current event and issues related to current event and topic of social relevance and Society comes under the 1st part of general studies mains paper.
Part 2 of the paper deals with India and the world, Indian economy, International Relation and international affairs and last is the development in the field of science and technology communication and space in this part question is for testing the candidates awareness of the development in the field of science and technology communication and space and also basic idea of the computer this part also contains static analysis graphs and diagrams also in this way the general part of mains is over.
Next is the optional subject candidate can choose two optional out of 23 given list that was present in upper part of the article, Therefore, I don’t need to mention all of optional subjects name but some important suggestions are here that you can pursue for when you have an optional subject.
Now, first of all, a candidate will not be allowed to choose the following combination of subjects for the Mains examination.
- First is, a candidate can’t take political science and international relations and public administration together
- A candidate can’t have agriculture and animal husbandry and veterinary science together
- Can’t be offered to candidate literature, English literature, Sanskrit literature, and Punjabi literature together
- A candidate never takes engineering subjects example civil engineering, electrical engineering, medical mechanical engineering together.
- An interview is also part of Mains the interview of Haryana Public Service Commission gives 75 marks. It shows that the importance of the interview is too high for the preparation and getting success.
Interview of Haryana pcs
- Preparation for the Interview is a continuous process and it was started from the first day of your preparation. In an interview, the interviewer is trying to ascertain if you are fit for the jobber not.
- You need to show that you are skilled for the job. Haryana Public Service Exam Interview is a part of the final round of selections into the prestigious Civil Services.
- There are several basic questions that you are likely to be asked in an interview. It is heartening that most of the questions asked in the interview are on the expected lines.
- Candidates can prepare for them well in advance to secure a decent result.
- Interview of HPSC contains 75 marks.
Important sources for the preparation of Haryana PC
- Indian Polity 5th Edition
I have no word for the M Laxmikanth. The book itself needs no introduction; everybody knows it and its relevance. It is one of the most popular and comprehensive books on the subject and has been a consistent bestseller for many years.
- HPSC Naib Tehsildar Examination (Arihant publication )
This book is important for the HPSC general study paper 1 that deals with current affairs, history, geography, culture and economy of the state of Haryana.
- Haryana GK Previous Year MCQ’s (Mock Time Publication)
This book is important for the practice of questions
It contains more than 1500+ MCQ based questions.
- Know Your State – Haryana (Arihant)
This book gives the complete coverage of History, Geography, Culture and Economy, Politics with Growth and Prospects of Haryana